Saturday, February 7, 2015

What do you mean Queso isn't real food?

Last night Fiancé wandered into the kitchen and whined that he was hungry but didn't want to make anything. I told him to look in the crock pot. He looked at it, looked at me, looked at the crockpot again before turning to me and telling me that I am the best thing that ever happened to him.

Of course, we didn't only eat queso and chips for dinner. We also had beer.

I'm pretty sure we are going to get immensely fat. I'm also pretty sure that this is why I'll never feel like a real adult. I am positive that this is one major reason why he wants to marry me.

Generally, I do try to eat a balanced diet. Veggies with every meal. Whole grain breads and brown rice and such. But after my legal brief got torn to shreds yesterday, all I wanted was comfort food.


Everyone's queso is a little bit different. I didn't exactly get this from a recipe but I didn't really invent anything new with it either. I fiddled with different recipes and it just happened to evolve to my favorite queso ever.

Ingredients:

  • 32 oz Block of Velveeta cheese product
  • 1/2 8oz block of cream cheese
  • 1 can bean less chili 
  • 1 can hot green chilies w/ juice
  • 2 cans Rotel drained
Instructions
Roughly cube the Velveeta and cream cheese and place in your crockpot. (Crockpot liners are your best friend for this. No one wants to scrub a pot full of melted cheese!) Dump in the chili, green chilies and the drained Rotel. Stir and turn on the crock pot. Stir every half hour or so. It'll look disgusting until the cheese melts but wait it out. 

I've only cooked this on high (but I'm sure low would work if you have more patience than I do) and it takes about an hour and a half to fully melt down. Then I turn it to warm while we are munching on it. It lasts for hours. Assuming the queso lasts that long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment