Tuesday, February 3, 2015

OMG I Have NO Idea What I Am Doing

Guess what??

No Gueeeeesssss.

Okay, fine.

Tomorrow I am going to dress myself in a suit, sit behind an impressive lawyer desk, interview a client and then ..... WRITE HIS WILL.

As a 1L, I am so so so lucky to do this. As a 1L, I am so so so terrified. Please don't let me screw this up.

Now obviously, I will have an attorney checking every single thing I do. And as a student I cannot give any type of legal advice at all. Even if I am asked to define what a fiduciary is, well there are rules as to what I can say. I can read the definition off of google, I cannot say well if "you . . ."

But still! I am going to be writing a will. And interviewing a client. Oh My God. Please save me. I'm so scared I will mess this up. But at the same time, so excited.

This is all my own fault too. I am the only 1L that signed up for this and although I was told that it would be highly unlikely that I would actually be assigned to a client, I had to go ahead and go to the training anyway. And then I had to personally contact the coordinator and express my willingness to do this. And then I had to go above and beyond and send an updated schedule as the program went along. They are taking a chance on me and I am very appreciative of the opportunity. I just am terrified of messing this up.  Even though there will be an attorney checking my work.

Please, if you are reading this, wish me luck!!! At the very least, it will make me feel better! Confidence is key.

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.






No comments:

Post a Comment