Tuesday, March 25, 2014

You don't always get what you want

I was waiting to make my decision until I heard back about the second scholarship from the Tier 1. Today I received the email telling me I had not made the cut. %*#&$&@!!!

I know it was a long shot but I was still hoping. My essay was amazing! It was probably the best I've ever written. I REALLY wanted to get that scholarship and I really liked the idea of going to that school.

However, I just can not justify the price tag associated with that Tier 1. Even with the half tuition scholarship I did received, it would still be over 120,000. That's insane. Even if the job market was healthy (it's not) and the field I want to go into high paying (it's not), it would still be insane. I do not think I can pay that debt back.

So Tier 2/3, ready or not, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment