Monday, March 3, 2014

Decisions Decisions

When I first started applying to law schools, I had two goals. Go to a school that had some form of elder law program and receive scholarships. So I didn't really focus my time on the traditional best schools. Once I received the LSAC waiver I just applied to almost every school that had at least an elder law clinic.

And that's how I ended up applying to seventeen law schools!

I was terrified of not getting in anywhere and having to wait another year. Luckily, I have only received one rejection letter and only one school is still deciding but that means I have fifteen schools to decide between! Good Lord. I can cut a few off for being really crappy schools and I can cut a few others for being stingy with the scholarship aid and I can cut one for deciding to close their elder law clinic this fall. (A decision they made public only after I had already applied. Gah) But that is still a lot of schools to decide between. Yikes!! I mean, it is a REALLY great problem to have but it is still a problem. How the hell am I supposed to know which school is right for me? Especially since most of them are all the way across the country and I have no way to visit them.

Is it too much to ask for a glowing neon light to appear over the school I should go to? Just BAM, a Vegas type sign saying GO HERE DUMMY!! With an arrow. It definitely needs an arrow.

So basically, I have some decisions to make and only twenty-seven days to make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment