Thursday, March 27, 2014

What am I thinking?

I thought that once I made a law school decision, I could relax for a few more months.

But then I google mapped my route to my soon to be new home. 
And now I'm shaking on the couch. 

Am I really ready to move 3,304 miles away? Could I move any farther? What am I thinking? This is a crazy idea. 

Guys, I am terrified. I got accepted into the law school seven miles away. I even got a decent scholarship. I COULD go there. I wouldn't have to sell my house, I wouldn't drag my fiancĂ©, dog and two cats across the country. I could still become an attorney and undoubtedly, still work in elder law. But no, that would be too easy. 

Or maybe I am too stubborn. I want to give myself the best possible chance to work in elder law. The schools on this coast aren't going to give me that. I'll get hands on experience, a concentration, a journal on aging, and dozens of elder law classes. Including one in my first year. 

In order to get all that, I need to move. 


Anyone happen to have any advice on moving across country? Should I sell everything and buy new? Uhaul my stuff? How do I get my pets there safely and comfortably? 

No comments:

Post a Comment