Tuesday, January 26, 2016

If You Wear Pants, You Will Die

So yesterday I was doing the client interview for the wills event I'm a part of. This meant I had to wear a suit. I've finally gotten so used to it that I don't even notice. However, yesterday when I woke up, it was in the high 30's or low 40's. Do you think I wanted to wear a skirt in that kind of weather?? No Way!

I know I've written about how the school occasionally sends emails that explain the proper dress code for interviews or networking events. This email is always very careful to explain proper dress for both men and women but there is always a section that explains that some people do not approve of women in pants. If a women were to wear pants, they may not get a job and terrible things could happen.

I find this ridiculous. I have always thought it was ridiculous but I want a job. Hence, I wear skirt suits. Yesterday though, there was no way I was going to wear a skirt. Blue and shaking is not a good look on me. So as I was getting dressed in pants, I told Fiancé that I felt like such a rebel.

He asked me what the school really thought was the worst thing that could happen if I wore pants. My response was death. He thought I was joking so I walked him through it.

If you wear pants, someone might not hire you. If you don't get a job after graduation, you won't have any money. If you don't have any money, you won't be able to afford a place to live. If you're jobless and homeless you'll have to hide under a bridge. If you're living under a bridge, you might die.

Hence, pants = death.

No comments:

Post a Comment