Friday, January 29, 2016

Casebook rainbow

I still follow the multicolor highlighting method. If it works, why fix it?



Besides, it's pretty. :)

Just in case you're curious:
Green are the facts
Pink is law and reasoning
Blue is the question or issue in the case 
Yellow is the holding or conclusion
Purple is concurrance or policy 
Orange is dissent

I also write in the margins a lot. Especially on confusing cases or those with antiquated language. 

Highlighting helps keep me from passively reading and the different colors keeps me from just highlighting everything (another way to read passively.) A nice side benefit, if I get called on, I can usually find the answer faster than the people frantically trying to search their case brief. My first semester, I still typed it all up in my class notes outline but now I try to keep each case under 3-4 sentences. At this point, that's all I need for finals but that sure wasn't the case when I first started. 

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment