Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Cold Bothers Me Elsa

One of the big draws of going to law school in Florida is that I HATE the cold. I am always freezing and back home, I would often wear my winter coat long after my friends moved on to shorts and flip flops. However, winter back home would drop down to zero and if it was warmer than that, we got snow. I assumed that when Florida had a cold snap I would be in a better place than the people born and raised here. Nope. Nope. Nope. It's been in the fifties all week and I've pulled out all my winter gear. Fluffy coats, hats, gloves and scarves. We are all complaining about how cold it is and how annoying it is to have to turn on the heat. My professor even complained about frostbitten fingers. Which is not possible when we are still twenty degrees above even getting frost but okay professor. I'm still more cold than everyone else, I even turned my heat up to 85 just to fall asleep last night. I am broken and I should just buy a battery operated electric blanket to carry with me at all time.

The only person worse off is my dog. Every time I shoo her out the door to go to the bathroom she looks at me reproachfully. As if she's saying Mom, you promised me that if I survived that awful eight day car ride, I would never be cold again. You lied Mom. You lied. 

I shouldn't complain because if I hadn't have moved here, I would be in Washington where it got down to five degrees last week but I can't help it. I need to move to a place where it never drops below 70 degrees. Good grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment