Friday, August 15, 2014

If I'm this busy now ....

Whew. The last few days have been a whirlwind. Most of my classmates are finally in town so we are all trying to meet and greet as much as possible before classes start. So far we have made a beach trip (only five minutes from my house!! Bliss!), met for lunch twice, met for dinner, went bowling and did a winery tour and tasting. And with all of that, I think I know five people's names. I'm such an introvert. 

Plus we have a bunch of reading for our mock class next week. I am really hoping that my lack of motivation and attention span is because it's for a mock aka fake class. Otherwise I am in serious trouble. I sit down to read and a minute later oh, I forgot to feed the dog. So I feed the dog. Sit back down and man, I'm starving. Feed myself and go back to my computer. Rinse and repeat. I've read plenty of cases in undergrad but when it's for Law School, I can't focus? Uh oh. 

Add to my hectic schedule, I had decided that this week was going to be my batch cooking days. In three days I cooked or prepared my way through ten pounds of hamburger, six pounds of chicken, three pounds of ham, over fifty hotdogs and I'm not even sure what else.  



However, my freezer is now stocked for the next couple months and I won't be forced to eat McDonald's when I'm too tired to cook. All I'll have to do is turn on the oven or microwave. Whew!! 

Oh! And today I drove to Orlando to see my dad! It was amazing. Days after I decided on this school, my dad's union voted to send him to their convention that is randomly being held ... In Florida. I can not explain how nice it was to see a face from back home. He's heading back to Seattle tomorrow so it was definitely worth the long drive on crazy freeways to see him. 

That's been my week. I can't wait to see what next week will bring. As of right now, Monday through Friday is booked except for Tuesday. I'm sure I'll find something to do with that entire day of free time. Who knows, I might even finish the reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment