Monday, July 18, 2016

Getting Paid to Buy the Things I Need



I love when the coupon gods look out for me and I get to buy the things I need for free or almost free.  A couple weeks ago I saw that I was running out of a few necessities like toothpaste and hand soap. I don't like paying full price for those items so I started clipping coupons and holding on to them to see if I could match them with a store coupon or deal.

Today, everything aligned just right and I was able to earn more money from the CVS extrabucks rewards than I spent.

CVS had Softsoap hand soap on sale for two dollars and you would receive one extrabuck. Not a terrible deal but I happened to have a coupon for two dollars off Softsoap. So I paid ZERO dollars and received one extrabuck to spend next time. WOOT!

Then, when it came to the toothpaste, CVS had a deal where if you bought a tube for 3 dollars, you got two extrabucks, limit two. I happened to have two manufacturer coupons for 50 cents off each and one CVS 2 dollars off if you buy two tubes coupon. So I spent 2.98 and got four extrabucks.




My grand total with tax was $3.26 and I received $5 extrabucks. Assuming I use them (and I will) that is a profit of $1.74 and I have toothpaste and hand soap for free.
Since I already have $7 extrabucks from last week, I now have $12 extrabucks to try and roll over to earn more extrabucks next week. If that doesn't work and they are looking like they might expire, I will just run over and buy eggs or frozen pizzas or something else we can use. It's basically like CVS is paying me to shop!





I might not be the biggest couponer because I don't want a stockpile and I won't spend hours on this hobby, but I LOVE when everything works together to get me free stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment