Thursday, January 7, 2016

Florida Broke Us

So all last year while Fiancé was in Washington and I was here in Florida, he made fun of me for turning on the heat the second it dropped into the 60's. And I got it. He was dealing with 12 degree weather and two feet of snow. However, I also tried to explain to him how quickly Florida breaks your internal concept of cold. Long story short, he didn't believe me until this week when it dropped to the 50's. He's only been in Florida since the end of August but that was apparently enough time for Florida to do it's thing.

He has been freezing right along side me. We are the idiots wearing coats and thick wool socks in the mid-60's. They make memes after us. Two years ago, I would have been right there laughing along. Somehow it just feels so much colder when you're not used to it. One week it was 80, the next, 50-60 degrees. In my head, I know that it isn't that cold. But my fingers and nose and toes disagree. My teeth even chatter!

Florida, what have you done to us???

No comments:

Post a Comment