Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The CRASH After Finals

Wow. I knew I was burning the candle from both ends during the semester but I had no idea how hard I would fall apart after finals. I basically went home and then didn't leave my bed until this week. Well, except for Christmas Day.
I've read over 60 books since my last final. I wish I could say I was exaggerating but I counted. 60 full length books! The number of hours I spent reading all those books must show how few hours I was actually out of my bed. Very few. 

Since my medical bills this semester ate my flying home budget, I really wasn't planning to do anything for Christmas. I mean, I'm here in Florida by myself and my family is 3,500 miles away. What was the point of celebrating by myself? However, a friend from law school was horrified and dragged me to her family's house. I'm glad I went. They're Italian so I had a ravioli dinner and wine. Lots and lots of wine. 

School starts in six days and I am so not ready. I have my books but haven't opened them. My house is a mess and my dog has fleas. It is time for me to pull up my big girl panties and get to work.  

Here's to my second semester of law school!

No comments:

Post a Comment