Thursday, May 8, 2014

The weekend that tried to kill me

Also known as, how I found out that I am allergic to Kiwi.

A couple weekends ago I went to a birthday party at a Mexican restaurant. While there, I decided to order a Kiwi margarita. Bad decision. I'm not a huge kiwi fan and I don't think I've eaten one in over four years. It just sounded so summer ish and refreshing. But then my mouth started burning. Followed by my tongue feeling fat and my throat muscles not wanting to swallow right. 

Obviously I stopped drinking the margarita and gave it to the birthday girl. And then I asked Fiancé to bring me home. I'm not sure if it was the kiwi or panic but I was having a hard time getting enough air. I could breathe, I just felt like I wasn't breathing enough. By the time we pulled into the ER (twenty five minutes) it had started getting better. So I didn't go in but I never want to eat a kiwi again!!

Food and I have always been close buds and I feel a little betrayed by this. Like my best friend just stabbed me in the back for no reason. Little witch. 

Welcome to the world of food allergies. Bah humbug. 

Then the very next day, my car decided she hates me too. I was loading my groceries into the trunk and had my hand up above my head in case the lid tried to close. It was just a habit really as it wasn't windy and I wasnt actually touching my car as it was staying up on its own. I bet you can guess what happened next. One of my bags break, I reach down to grab it with my other hand and BAM!!!! My trunk slams shut and hits me in the head. Hard. With the latch of course. 

One second I'm loading groceries and the next second I am sitting on my butt in a Walmart parking lot. As I'm sitting there trying to figure out what just happened and why I am seeing double, a group of college guys walk by and start pointing and laughing. Cute college guys. 

Yeah, I ended up with a minor concussion from that one. 


Weekends will be the death of me. Which explains why I have been working so much over time lately. 

The weekends can't get me if I never have one. Right? Riiiight??

No comments:

Post a Comment