Monday, September 8, 2014

How To Get It All Done When There Isn't Enough Time

Last week I tried the get a few days ahead over the weekend, where I did the work and reading up til Wednesday over the weekend. This meant I still got a day off but still spent all of Friday and Saturday studying. It should have worked. It really should have. However, due to some errands and a website that wouldn't work the way it should, I ended up floundering last week. I had way too much to do and way too little time to do it in. So I gave up sleep. Because obviously that's the reasonable thing to do.





This past weekend I tried a different method where I studied basically the entire weekend on turbo mode. My goal was to get everything done over the weekend, no matter the cost so that during the week I could deal with any surprise assignments, networking events and meetings that pop up. I took an hour off on Friday to watch Doctor Who and I went grocery shopping on Saturday. Other than that, I was either sleeping or studying.

Guys, I think it worked. It's only Monday so I'll have to see but I got all my R&W assignments done for the week, and all the reading for Contracts and Crim law done for the entire week! Wow!! 

This leaves me with only Civ Pro to worry about. I'm so relieved I could cry. I'm currently in bed and it's only seven hours until I have to get up! It's a miracle!

It is such a huge load off my mind to know that most of my class work is done and that if something comes up, I won't need to pull an all-nighter just to be prepared for class the next day. Of course, if I keep doing it this way, I will be sacrificing my weekends until the end of time. But hey, law school is a sacrifice.

I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment