Thursday, October 9, 2014

Well obviously I am not alone with my mid-semester slump

We haven't had Contracts for a week and a half as my professor was out of town. It was awesome but we all knew it'd have to end someday. Unfortunately that day was today. I actually was comfortably prepared because I am still on the do the reading for two classes each weekend. But my classmates? Ha! About a third of the class skipped and out of the rest of us, nine or ten left pass sheets on the podium. Our professor allows two free pass days a semester and I'm personally trying to save mine for the last week before finals but that's just me. Our professor walked in and what like "what the hell is going on? Is it Memo Week?" Yes Professor, it is memo week. And Opening Statement Competition Week. Oh and we are all exhausted and need a vacation as well.

At some point during the class, the professor got fed up and asked, "Okay, who actually read this case?" I was one of three people who raised their hands. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, he didn't see my hand. So now he thinks I'm a slacker but he also didn't spend the rest of class calling on me as he does for the other two. Yay?

Oh, I have a story that happened during class but didn't actually have anything to do with Contracts. I grabbed a pretzel and cheese from the deli on my way to class and grabbed bites of it as we discussed the cases. At some point I thought, man, this nacho cheese is lousy and looked down and found mold all along the edges. I almost threw up in class. If it wasn't for the fact that our Contracts Professor doesn't let us leave to use the restroom, I would have gotten up and lost my lunch in the bathroom. But as I didn't want to be singled out for a lecture I just sat through the stomach rolling and held it in. I'm not the type of girl to go "EEEWWWW Gross!" but EEEWWWWW GROSS!!!!!!

But when I bought it back to the Deli and showed them, I got a free monster and a gift card. So eh. Mold usually isn't deadly. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment